» Season 36 General Discussion
by ivelostmysparky Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:49 pm

» Super Rugby 2018: Or Why It's Going To Be The Year Of The Highlanders Bitches
by tryasta Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:06 pm

» Season 35 General Discussion
by Bren Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:19 am

» Season 34 General Discussion
by donkeysaint Wed May 16, 2018 5:49 am

» Best All Black Team Since 1995 (the professional era)
by Bren Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:05 pm

» NT Player List
by simon71 Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:14 pm

» BR Ranfurly Shield
by ivelostmysparky Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:33 pm

» selling players.
by batty001 Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:10 pm

» [S34] NZI Banter
by chewy Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:01 am

Statistics
We have 100 registered users
The newest registered user is Rowan

Our users have posted a total of 7907 messages in 143 subjects

Season 34 General Discussion

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Re: Season 34 General Discussion

Post by tryasta on Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:25 pm

Yeaaaaaah!

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/tools.live.scoring.php#fixture=17509335

tryasta
Superior

Back to top Go down

Post by robelix on Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:27 pm

Almost embarrassingly lost another game on wnwim...phew
robelix
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by ivelostmysparky on Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:50 pm

Looks like you're ready for Div 2 tryasta.

Rob I know wnwim is great for saving energy but you are cutting it seriously fine my friend.
You couldn't spare a few minutes for Ron Dooley to get on the park? chewy will be very disappointed Sad
ivelostmysparky
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by tryasta on Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:13 pm

Let us wait and see.

I have this Cup game Ulysses Riders - Patea Maori Club next week.

As I don't think my league can provide me with enough ranking points for direct promotion before the end of the season, the Cup game will be very important for me. For one thing, because of the points on offer. But also, because it can provide some feedback as to what to expect against a possible 250K CSR opponent in an hypothetic qualifier...

I don't think my team is yet ready to beat those teams away from home provided we are both at 110% energy, so it will be important for me to check what areas my team needs to improve.

(as if I didn't know: more experience, better skills, more weight in the pack, a better 5, a better hooker... *sigh*)

In this, as in many things, I am using the Auckland Katipos as a yardstick to see how well/bad my team is doing. Established in S20, the Katipos took until S31 to promote to Div II. Things used to be more difficult in the past, with more managers and more teams in the 200K-250K CSR range but I am somewhat proud to finally have a decent shot at winning my Div III league 8 seasons after my start in Season 26.

Let us see if we can keep the good progression this season Smile

tryasta
Superior

Back to top Go down

Post by donkeysaint on Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:49 pm

I also had a close one today against the Gunslingers.

I dominated the possession in the first half, but were unable to get much ahead in points. I brought on a number of strong subs between minutes 50 and 60, thinking they would clinch the game. But with 10 minutes left, I was only up 26-20.

In the 73rd minute the TMO denied the Gunslingers a try, and two minutes later Cecil Ambler made try saving tackle after another linebreak in my 22.

I could finally relax after my captain scored the games final try, with two minutes left on the clock.

Katipos - Gunslingers 33-20

Suva Kiwis Rugby Club     |     |  League III.2     |

Season 30 NZ U20 - World Cup Silver
donkeysaint
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by donkeysaint on Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:56 pm

@tryasta,
Thanks for the praise! I believe I got over somewhat of a threshold around the time I promoted to Div II. Things went pretty fast from there. I am sure you will do just as well, or even better.

@Everyone,
The interview with Chewy will be published tonight CET, Sunday morning NZT.

donkeysaint
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by tryasta on Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:25 am

@donkeysaint wrote:I also had a close one today against the Gunslingers.

I dominated the possession in the first half, but were unable to get much ahead in points. I brought on a number of strong subs between minutes 50 and 60, thinking they would clinch the game. But with 10 minutes left, I was only up 26-20.

In the 73rd minute the TMO denied the Gunslingers a try, and two minutes later Cecil Ambler made try saving tackle after another linebreak in my 22.

I could finally relax after my captain scored the games final try, with two minutes left on the clock.

Katipos - Gunslingers 33-20

Shocked I've written almost the same story in the clubrooms !!! Shocked Shocked Shocked

tryasta
Superior

Back to top Go down

Post by donkeysaint on Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:50 pm

Well, it was about the same game. Wink I did take offense bout that comment of the denied try, though. Evil or Very Mad Cool

@Everyone,
On a very different note, the interview with @Chewy has now been posted in the NZ clubrooms.

Please read and comment here.

donkeysaint
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by ivelostmysparky on Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:23 pm

Thanks Donkey for doing the interview.
ivelostmysparky
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by tryasta on Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:05 am

After the weekend game against the Defeatables (had to be in Normal) and after my mistake yesterday (went normal in the IGTWCC match) I don't have the minimum energy to face the Ulysses Riders at their home with a faint hope of winning...

Looks like another round 7 exit for Patea :S

tryasta
Superior

Back to top Go down

Post by donkeysaint on Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:30 am

Interesting cup game for me next week. Hercufleas away.

I guess this is where the going gets tough..

donkeysaint
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by ivelostmysparky on Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:20 am

After 'fleas LTNT me in the weekend he'll be easy pickings for you in the Cup.
ivelostmysparky
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by donkeysaint on Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:01 am

Unless he gives up his chances to beat you in order to win next Wednesday.. I will watch your game with interest! Smile

But even if he does go LTNT, I doubt I'll have an easy picking. Quit the contrary. Hercufleas goes into this weekend with perfect energy, and even an LTNT will only provide me with a small advantage come Wednesday.

@robelix,
What do you mean to do? Very Happy

donkeysaint
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by robelix on Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:10 am

ha ha ...there is absolutely no chance of me going PLTNT this weekend....you burnt me the last time we played, I will be taking nothing for granted!

Did you hear that sparkles, I have no plan on giving you a run for your money this weekend, you may as well give some of your guys a rest Wink

meanwhile....Druss The Legend (aka Otoo Mahe) continues his climb up the Cup Try Scoring Chart....8th = with 19 tries.
robelix
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by ivelostmysparky on Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:27 pm

The question would be is the Cup or League more important? Can Div 1 teams confidently compete in both? If a tough decision needs to be made then which campaign gets sacrificed?

Come on Rob don't be like that - you promised me a good game this weekend remember? I recall something about shaving some rating points off me? My only player which needs a rest is your cousin so it looks like the A-team bar one player will be rolled out.
ivelostmysparky
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by robelix on Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:18 pm

meh....no point me turning up this weekend, you may as well send out all your reserves....im all about the cup tongue

I just gotta play the waiting game....wait for your team's average CSR to drop even further...not sure if you will have the legs to last this seasons campaign....actually, you better plan to go all out this weekend, could be your last win you will manage against me for quite some time sunny
robelix
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by ivelostmysparky on Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:52 pm

@robelix wrote:meh....no point me turning up this weekend, you may as well send out all your reserves....im all about the cup  tongue

I just gotta play the waiting game....wait for your team's average CSR to drop even further...not sure if you will have the legs to last this seasons campaign....actually, you better plan to go all out this weekend, could be your last win you will manage against me for quite some time sunny

You planning to win on Thursday Rob? You've got to pull finger sooner rather than later if you want to win the NZI.
ivelostmysparky
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by donkeysaint on Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:54 pm

@robelix,
I was surprised to see you didn't go for it. With an LTNT that game would have been yours. Hell, even with a normal you would have stood a good chance. The game was pretty close in several aspects inspite of your WNWIM.

Sigh. Now I have no choice but to upend your season and beat you in the cup anyway..  tongue Wink

donkeysaint
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by donkeysaint on Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:22 am

Hehe.  Laughing

I'm going to up the stakes here, and think aloud a bit. Wink

Let's say I beat the Hercufleas on Wednesday. It's a long shot, I'll have slightly less energy and it's away. The last time we played like that, I lost against lower intensity. On the other hand, I have not committed to play my U20's in the Cup, so I'll be using the team I had when I won in the NZI (and improved with my new prop too).That was at home, but still. I have a chance, albeit small. If I win, that pretty much makes my season.

If I lose, the Hercufleas goes on in the Cup, and will probably have another tough Cup game in round 9, while I have a rest. So when I welcome Rob and his Hercufleas to my newly enlarged Stadium on Saturday of R9, I will have another chance of winning. A better one, perhaps. If I win, that pretty much makes my season.

So, @robelix. My question is, can you win both games? Very Happy Twisted Evil tongue

For future reference, here are the links:
Hercufleas vs. Katipos, Cup R8
Katipos vs. Hercufleas, League R9

donkeysaint
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by ivelostmysparky on Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:47 pm

If Rob keeps hitting that wnwim button he won't win either game.

BTW donkey I'm very impressed with your 43.8k stadium after ~15 seasons of playing. It seems that BR is working correctly that if you keep winning you get lots of members and they want to go to your ground to see you play. Perhaps the newbie gap isn't so large if a manager is good enough.
ivelostmysparky
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by donkeysaint on Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:31 pm

Thank you! My stadium is a bit heavy on the standing, though. Shortly after I started there was a change to how the stadium worked, with empty standings no longer costing money, so I have had large standings as a sort of reserve capacity since. It does inflate the overall numbers somewhat.

Looking forward to filling it when Rob comes to visit. Or even earlier perhaps, for a R9 Cup game? Smile

donkeysaint
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by ivelostmysparky on Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:10 pm

What are your thoughts on the newbie gap? Are you happy with how your club has progressed?
ivelostmysparky
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by donkeysaint on Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:49 pm

Well, obviously I am. I am doing very well compared to many other teams, that have often been playing considerably longer than I have. And I am starting to be able to have fairly close games against some of BR's best sides. I guess that is a clear measure of success.

There has been a number of changes to the game to narrow the newbie gap since I started in the final rounds of season 20. The growth of members for newer teams have been increased, and the sponsorship overhaul introduced much more money for new teams, along with better starting squads. I believe I benefited slightly from the former rule change (as of today I have 4637 members), while the latter allowed me to get the full amount of sponsors one season ahead of time.

This game is a long one, though. The most important part is having patience and clear long term strategies and goals. Once I figured mine out, I was on track.

So the newbie gap is probably more narrow than it was when I first started. Still, success in this game takes time. For me it has taken me more than 4 real life years, or 13 1/2 seasons, up until now. I really like that it takes time. But I also realise that everyone aren't, or cannot be, as persistent.

donkeysaint
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by robelix on Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:11 am

@donkeysaint wrote:@robelix,
I was surprised to see you didn't go for it. With an LTNT that game would have been yours. Hell, even with a normal you would have stood a good chance. The game was pretty close in several aspects inspite of your WNWIM.

Sigh. Now I have no choice but to upend your season and beat you in the cup anyway..  tongue Wink

i really wasn't sure what to do for the Saturday game. Its too close to the business end of the cup to really go for it, and thought that a normal intensity might have been a bit of a long shot (sparky has been thrashing me all over the place these days). gave it my best with a pwnwim hoping that sparky would also pwnwim, but had my subs ready to run on if the score blew out from 15 points.

really surprised with finishing with 35 points, funny what happens in a game when you are trailing by heaps and your subs run on.... Shocked

will be a great cup match this Wednesday, eagerly looking forward to it!
robelix
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by robelix on Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:19 am

@donkeysaint wrote:Hehe.  Laughing

I'm going to up the stakes here, and think aloud a bit. Wink

Let's say I beat the Hercufleas on Wednesday. It's a long shot, I'll have slightly less energy and it's away. The last time we played like that, I lost against lower intensity. On the other hand, I have not committed to play my U20's in the Cup, so I'll be using the team I had when I won in the NZI (and improved with my new prop too).That was at home, but still. I have a chance, albeit small. If I win, that pretty much makes my season.

If I lose, the Hercufleas goes on in the Cup, and will probably have another tough Cup game in round 9, while I have a rest. So when I welcome Rob and his Hercufleas to my newly enlarged Stadium on Saturday of R9, I will have another chance of winning. A better one, perhaps. If I win, that pretty much makes my season.

So, @robelix. My question is, can you win both games? Very Happy Twisted Evil tongue

ha ha, the odds of me winning both games are pretty long. history tends to suggest that if I make the latter rounds of the cup then my league results take a battering (leaving me with a desperate run to make the semis).

I cant take you too lightly in the cup, you had an amazing win against me in the NZI with all being even.
If I remain in the cup, I imagine that you will be looking good for our round 9 clash, i'm sure I will be looking to conserve energy.
robelix
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next