NZ Blackout Rugby Offsite Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» What's Going On Here?
by SmellyStuff Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:21 am

» Season 37 General Discussion
by robelix Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:47 pm

» Season 36 General Discussion
by chewy Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:35 pm

» Super Rugby 2018: Or Why It's Going To Be The Year Of The Highlanders Bitches
by tryasta Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:06 pm

» Season 35 General Discussion
by Bren Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:19 am

» Season 34 General Discussion
by donkeysaint Wed May 16, 2018 5:49 am

» Best All Black Team Since 1995 (the professional era)
by Bren Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:05 pm

» NT Player List
by simon71 Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:14 pm

» BR Ranfurly Shield
by ivelostmysparky Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:33 pm

Statistics
We have 108 registered users
The newest registered user is Bedswerver

Our users have posted a total of 8125 messages in 147 subjects

Season 34 General Discussion

+9
Pantherus
robelix
SmellyStuff
gimping
ivelostmysparky
Activist
chewy
tryasta
donkeysaint
13 posters

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Season 34 General Discussion  - Page 12 Empty Re: Season 34 General Discussion

Post by robelix Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:04 pm

well done donkeyman....showing us how its done. gives us some hope for the league playoffs Surprised
robelix
robelix
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by robelix Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:50 pm

My league season possibly lives or dies by todays result...cmon boys, dig in deep.
robelix
robelix
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by ivelostmysparky Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:39 pm

Another good win Donkey. I played normal to hopefully only lose 1-15 to keep my rating points loss to a minimum, but just missed the margin.

Good win for you too Rob which means we have the semi final fixtures sorted already.
ivelostmysparky
ivelostmysparky
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by robelix Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:39 pm

Will make for a great last round. Still so much on the line with semi line-ups still undetermined. ....the final order that is, not the semi finalists that is.
Great for you sparky that you can relax in that last game and head into the playoffs at full capacity.
I’m sitting on the fence on what to do. I’ll definitely be at pwnwim and will probably just see how the dice rolls in regards to my final position. Not sure what sparker will do. Makes sense for him to go for the win and hope for a home semi and avoid you sparky. Question is....will donkeyman go for a pwnwim win also or totally rest up and hope I defeat sparker?
Best case scenario for me is to pull off a pwnwim win and have an away game vs donkeykong....though if things don’t go entirely to plan...I think with a much stronger and better disciplined squad, then I think i still have a slight competitive chance playing away to ya sparky....
robelix
robelix
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by Bren Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:59 am

I can't really imagine donkeysaint losing to Okaiawa even if he does go WNWIM. Not with the current state of that team. It looks like a 88kg player is the sub for his injured prop (though he is 300k CSR vs the prop's 72k CSR so it probably balances out). He's got a hooker in there at 67k CSR and a halfback at 31k. Should be an easy WNWIM win if donkey plays his cards right.

The real battle is between Herc and Sparker for that 3rd spot.
Bren
Bren
Grand

Super Rugby Team : Highlanders

Back to top Go down

Post by donkeysaint Wed May 02, 2018 8:27 am

ivelostmysparky wrote:Another good win Donkey. I played normal to hopefully only lose 1-15 to keep my rating points loss to a minimum, but just missed the margin.

Good win for you too Rob which means we have the semi final fixtures sorted already.
I just realised I hadn't answered this yet, I apologise.

But that win was as much you going for a loss as me going for a win. Great to get the points, but I rank the win in the NZI higher. Or as robelix says Smile :
robelix wrote:well done donkeyman....showing us how its done. gives us some hope for the league playoffs Surprised

And yes, @Bren is correct. There is no reason for me not to play wnwim and save energy this Saturday. Good luck to robelix and Sparker in their game, it will be interesting to follow.

Some trivia. That 88kg prop replacement for Okaiawa is Ryan Boldin, one of the S29-30 NZ U20 silver medalists. Ryan was one of the half backs and a pretty good player. But I remember how frustrated I was with Brentton for hardly playing him. In one of our back and forths about it, I remember him saying that he wouldn't play Ryan more because "he played in division one!". It stayed with me and was one of my major motivations for showing that one can indeed play ones U20's in every league game, even in league one.

Four seasons later, Ryan seems to have been continuously fully trained, but never got off the bench. He has a total of 31 league games to his name, mostly coming in as a sub, and limited experience. Cecil Ambler, for comparison, has 84 and average exp. And my U20's, Ashcroft and Maguire have played 28 and 30 league games.

The Moral of the Story: If you have a Baby Black in your squad, give him game time! Wink

(Brentton, who actually was the U20 manager at the start of S29, and thus picked Ryan for the U20's himself, is unfortunately going bot after Saturday's game)

Last edited by donkeysaint on Wed May 02, 2018 9:01 am; edited 3 times in total
donkeysaint
donkeysaint
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by donkeysaint Wed May 02, 2018 8:48 am

I would also like to present my New Club Information & History (published under latest club news).

I have been frustrated with that part of of the club page after failing to publish detailed season summaries since season 29. I ended up getting inspired by the Royal Expendable Chinchillas Club Bio, and made my own version of it. I think it ended up pretty well, and it's super easy to keep updated. Feel free to get inspired, like I was, or use it as a template of sorts if you wish. Smile
donkeysaint
donkeysaint
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by Bren Wed May 02, 2018 9:19 am

donkeysaint wrote:I would also like to present my New Club Information & History (published under latest club news).

I have been frustrated with that part of of the club page after failing to publish detailed season summaries since season 29. I ended up getting inspired by the Royal Expendable Chinchillas Club Bio, and made my own version of it. I think it ended up pretty well, and it's super easy to keep updated. Feel free to get inspired, like I was, or use it as a template of sorts if you wish. Smile

Very nice! Love that stuff. I wish BR did a better job with history. It'll be nice to know who your top capped player of all time is, your top try scorer, etc... Helps a lot with immersion. Hopefully the new BR does a better job with that kind of stuff but I'm not holding my breath.

Bren
Bren
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by Bren Wed May 02, 2018 11:17 am

I've got a level 3 youth academy! Woo!

Now to do some math on building up those training facilities.
Bren
Bren
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by robelix Wed May 02, 2018 2:15 pm

Bren wrote:
donkeysaint wrote:I would also like to present my New Club Information & History (published under latest club news).

Very nice! Love that stuff. I wish BR did a better job with history. It'll be nice to know who your top capped player of all time is, your top try scorer, etc... Helps a lot with immersion. Hopefully the new BR does a better job with that kind of stuff but I'm not holding my breath.

yes, I also think the main shortfall of BR is lack of club history and records.
I have actually been keeping my own "Almanac" since the beginning, which includes records. It has been a lot of work, but I find it worthwhile to keep me motivated to keep playing...spoiler alert...from time to time I even update my entire squad details in it.

I think this is the link to it, I keep it back up in google docs...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CFY5tNcASrPGqoh_l-mq6-q-JXNMsRWm
robelix
robelix
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by donkeysaint Thu May 03, 2018 12:18 am

@Bren,
Thank you! If I remember correctly, Direwolf Straits (R.I.P. †) also had a similar, stat and history heavy, club page.. study

@robelix,
Nice, thank you for sharing!

Btw, how do I collect stats like points, tries, tackles, etc., from cup and league games? I don't like how all those friendlies mud everything up.
donkeysaint
donkeysaint
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by Bren Thu May 03, 2018 7:03 am

@donkeysaint yes, indeed they did. Format cribbed from the same guy you got yours from. Smile

You could use the API to gather that info you're after. You'll need to call all your fixtures season by season. You can then filter out everything apart from league, cup, and finals games. Then call all the player stats from those fixtures. Super fun times with the API!
Bren
Bren
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by robelix Thu May 03, 2018 7:36 am

Is there an "API for dummies"?
I hear lots about it, it sounds good (for a guy like me who likes stats)...but have no idea what it is or how to use it?
robelix
robelix
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by Bren Thu May 03, 2018 10:47 am

Anything I did with the API was done using Excel and some looping VBA. That's probably the minimum of what you need to be able to do but it's definitely the low-rent way of doing it. Others can use proper coding to do things a bit more effectively, I always meant to learn coding (beyond my mediocre VBA) because I always wanted to do cool web apps. Like maybe that NT/U20 Top Performer XV thing I used to do, but more automated than running it through my spreadsheet was. Complete with history.

Or, even more detailed -- a complete statistical history of NT/U20 scenes. Who's the most capped international player of all time? Who's the top try scorer?
Bren
Bren
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by donkeysaint Fri May 04, 2018 6:46 am

Excel Embarassed , API, Crying or Very sad , looping VBA pig ?

Thank you. But I think I'll just try my luck with a calculator and the player league stats per season.. Wink
donkeysaint
donkeysaint
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by donkeysaint Sat May 05, 2018 5:25 pm

So Hercufleas sails into 3rd position on wnwim, and all of a sudden I have to face the full migt of robelix's menhir stones. The whole 1st XV of them.. Shocked
donkeysaint
donkeysaint
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by ivelostmysparky Sat May 05, 2018 7:35 pm

Guess it's just about time for me to bust out my first LTNT of the season Twisted Evil

Sadly Brent has departed.
ivelostmysparky
ivelostmysparky
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by robelix Mon May 07, 2018 10:07 am

Bugger to see Brent go...always a sad day in BR land when a top manager leaves.

Looking forward to playoffs night....hopefully we see a full house of PLTNTs! Any one gambling with a normal intensity risks being sent home early...I think we are all capable of beating each other with the right conditions...its gonna be a fantastic night drunken drunken
robelix
robelix
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by ivelostmysparky Mon May 07, 2018 1:29 pm

On the other hand, anyone who gambles a normal in their semi and wins will surely win the final cheers
ivelostmysparky
ivelostmysparky
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by donkeysaint Mon May 07, 2018 1:56 pm

..or the bronze.. Smile
donkeysaint
donkeysaint
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by robelix Mon May 07, 2018 1:57 pm

...ohh...mind games begin.
im pretty confident, gonna use pwnwim...will let the reserves get a run on when the lead extends beyond 20 in the second half...
robelix
robelix
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by robelix Mon May 07, 2018 2:48 pm

i think this finals series offers more than previous seasons...its good to have regular 3 offsiters involved in it...no clear favourite. whilst I may have the better CSR (which has made no difference in the past), to win the final I will need to win both games away from home.

the katipos have been formidable opponents recently, and I haven't defeated the Catfish in our last 10 games!
robelix
robelix
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by ivelostmysparky Mon May 07, 2018 3:20 pm

donkeysaint wrote:..or the bronze.. Smile
I suppose there could be someone cowardly enough to wnwim their SF with the B-team so ensure they win the bronze and the 3rd placed prize money. Hope not though.
ivelostmysparky
ivelostmysparky
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by ivelostmysparky Mon May 07, 2018 3:25 pm

robelix wrote:i think this finals series offers more than previous seasons...its good to have regular 3 offsiters involved in it...no clear favourite. whilst I may have the better CSR (which has made no difference in the past), to win the final I will need to win both games away from home.

the katipos have been formidable opponents recently, and I haven't defeated the Catfish in our last 10 games!

I know you can count past 10 Razz try 15 in a row.
ivelostmysparky
ivelostmysparky
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by robelix Mon May 07, 2018 3:38 pm

ivelostmysparky wrote:
robelix wrote:i think this finals series offers more than previous seasons...its good to have regular 3 offsiters involved in it...no clear favourite. whilst I may have the better CSR (which has made no difference in the past), to win the final I will need to win both games away from home.

I know you can count past 10 Razz try 15 in a row.

sheesh is it really?
now that you mention it...I do remember saying that no one beats Hercufleas United 12 times in a row...obviously I was wrong then. Embarassed
robelix
robelix
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next