NZ Blackout Rugby Offsite Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» What's Going On Here?
by SmellyStuff Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:21 am

» Season 37 General Discussion
by robelix Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:47 pm

» Season 36 General Discussion
by chewy Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:35 pm

» Super Rugby 2018: Or Why It's Going To Be The Year Of The Highlanders Bitches
by tryasta Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:06 pm

» Season 35 General Discussion
by Bren Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:19 am

» Season 34 General Discussion
by donkeysaint Wed May 16, 2018 5:49 am

» Best All Black Team Since 1995 (the professional era)
by Bren Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:05 pm

» NT Player List
by simon71 Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:14 pm

» BR Ranfurly Shield
by ivelostmysparky Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:33 pm

Statistics
We have 108 registered users
The newest registered user is Bedswerver

Our users have posted a total of 8125 messages in 147 subjects

Super Rugby 2017

+2
ivelostmysparky
Bren
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Super Rugby 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: Super Rugby 2017

Post by Activist Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:38 pm

The Blues have seriously disappointed me this season so far (funnily enough), they have the talent as always and Tana is a great coach and though last season wasn't great it was a much better than previous years and it looked very promising.

The game plan they had last year was in my opinion the best out of all of the NZ franchises, frustratingly it hardly produced the results but looked as though they needed to adapt to it and keep building on it into this year, it seems to me that they've gone away from it but should have stuck with it

Quite different to the other nz franchises, more of a ball in hand pressure building type game plan whereas the others, with maybe the exception of the hurricanes, build pressure while on defence, play territory and strike off counter attack and/or mistakes with straight ruthlessness, for all the talent they have they are unable to do that for some reason

Highlanders look like they're going backwards to how they used to be, Chiefs seemed to have got that edge again that won them back to back titles which is great to see.

Activist
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by Elsteveo Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:20 am

Activist wrote:The Blues have seriously disappointed me this  season so far (funnily enough), they have the talent as always and Tana is a great coach and though last season wasn't great it was a much better than previous years and it looked very promising.

The game plan they had last year was in my opinion the best out of all of the NZ franchises, frustratingly it hardly produced the results but looked as though they needed to adapt to it and keep building on it into this year, it seems to me that they've gone away from it but should have stuck with it

Quite different to the other nz franchises, more of a ball in hand pressure building type game plan whereas the others, with maybe the exception of the hurricanes, build pressure while on defence, play territory and strike off counter attack and/or mistakes with straight ruthlessness, for all the talent they have they are unable to do that for some reason

Highlanders look like they're going backwards to how they used to be, Chiefs seemed to have got that edge again that won them back to back titles which is great to see.

And the Canes look scary when playing on a dry track!

Elsteveo
Impressive

Back to top Go down

Post by Activist Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:25 am

They do indeed, they played very well in the opening 20 minutes in the wet vs the Chiefs in such bad conditions I thought that was very impressive the ball handling and skills they showed even though they lost in the end.

Activist
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by tryasta Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:37 pm

Two teams from SA and one from AU.

Looks like we are back to the conference system. Does that mean that the Jaguares will play in the SA conference and the SunWolves in the AU conference? Looks like NZ players are not particularly fond of bashing against each other kiwi franchise home and away ...
tryasta
tryasta
Superior

Back to top Go down

Post by ivelostmysparky Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:55 pm

tryasta wrote:
Looks like we are back to the conference system. Does that mean that the Jaguares will play in the SA conference and the SunWolves in the AU conference?

Correct. I was hoping for a round-robin like the good old days.
ivelostmysparky
ivelostmysparky
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by tryasta Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:39 am

Wohooo... then we are all losers in the new deal.

My understanding is that SA will veto any format that requires their players to be on the road for 6 weeks, and that makes round robin impossible.
tryasta
tryasta
Superior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2