NZ Blackout Rugby Offsite Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» What's Going On Here?
by SmellyStuff Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:21 am

» Season 37 General Discussion
by robelix Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:47 pm

» Season 36 General Discussion
by chewy Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:35 pm

» Super Rugby 2018: Or Why It's Going To Be The Year Of The Highlanders Bitches
by tryasta Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:06 pm

» Season 35 General Discussion
by Bren Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:19 am

» Season 34 General Discussion
by donkeysaint Wed May 16, 2018 5:49 am

» Best All Black Team Since 1995 (the professional era)
by Bren Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:05 pm

» NT Player List
by simon71 Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:14 pm

» BR Ranfurly Shield
by ivelostmysparky Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:33 pm

Statistics
We have 108 registered users
The newest registered user is Bedswerver

Our users have posted a total of 8125 messages in 147 subjects

All Blacks vs Wales

+6
ivelostmysparky
tryasta
simon71
Brentton
Bren
Activist
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

All Blacks vs Wales  Empty All Blacks vs Wales

Post by Activist Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:30 am

What did we make of the first test gents?

I thought Wales put in a solid performance as expected but I always knew that the All Blacks would come back and get the win in the end. It was a great game to start off the season and the way the game played out was perfect for integrating the new boys into the international scene.

Much talk about the midfield and rightly so - very shaky, not just the midfield but also Naholos inexperience on the right wing making that 12/13/14 defensive line even more suspect... probably why Smith was moved onto the right wing early in the second half.

Naholo was a beast on attack though, thought Cruden had a great game, the All Blacks are at their best attacking wise when he is running the ship. Even though he made 6/9 those misses put a lot of pressure on All Blacks early on.

Read was massive, Barrett came on and made a decent impact on the game - bench as solid as always.

Any changes for the next test?

Activist
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

All Blacks vs Wales  Empty Re: All Blacks vs Wales

Post by Bren Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:53 am

It was funny, my brother was freaking out at halftime. I was confident that the All Blacks would pull away after halftime. Especially when it came time to empty the bench.

But good to see Wales coming to play a more expansive game of rugby. Hopefully we'll see more of that in the next two tests.

If Whitelock/Ngati are back from injury I'll put them in the starting lineup for the second test.

Any chance of seeing the likes of Mckenzie/Sopoaga/Dixon/Squire take the field at any point? Like to see the first three get some game time at some point.
Bren
Bren
Grand

Super Rugby Team : Highlanders

Back to top Go down

Post by Activist Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:06 pm

I reckon the selectors will stick with largely the same team, Whitelock will come in for Romano - he had a solid game though. I wouldn't like to tackle that dude.

I'd give either Dixon or Squire a crack on the bench in place of Savea Jnr. Introuce those 3 players in each game and give them a taste.

Only other change I would make might be Fekitoa to 12, Taminivalu into 13 or him for a straight swap with Fekitoa though I think they'll run give Crotty and Fekitoa more time in the saddle.

Activist
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by Brentton Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:00 pm

Wouldn't expect any changes for the 2nd test apart from Whitelock if he's back from injury.

Third test is when we will probably see changes. Possibly Dixon starting at 6, Lima or Barrett at 10...

Brentton
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by simon71 Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:49 pm

Personally I'd like to see the cruden/crotty/fekitoa combination used again in the next test. It would give them a chance to settle in and improve
simon71
simon71
Impressive

Super Rugby Team : Crusaders

Back to top Go down

Post by tryasta Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:03 pm

I was screaming at everyone at home at halftime. Embarassed Embarassed

Oh my, how they pissed me off. I thought Fekitoa had a really woeful game. And that's largely why the selectors will give him a second chance. "Look boy, go out and right your wrongs". Savea was unseen for most of the match and I really liked the way Read led. We are going to need a lot of this type of performances from him, I think. Read and Retallick I liked, the rest of the pack... so so.

Aaron Smith and Cruden were really good. How important is for any team in the world the quality of ball Smith produces?

However, for me the real standout was Barnes. He pissed me off every single time. I think he's the most pedantic referee in the world, and the blunder in the 70th minute... it was just funny. Luckily he was right in the subsequent Wales attack when ruled Faletau was ahead of the kicker.

I can't wait for Whitelock to join the lot and I expect much more from Cane, Coles, Fekitoa and Savea in the second test.
tryasta
tryasta
Superior

Back to top Go down

Post by tryasta Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:05 pm

BTW: Aussie and SA didn't have easy starts either... Alister Coetzee must have had a really difficult night.
tryasta
tryasta
Superior

Back to top Go down

Post by ivelostmysparky Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:41 am

I thought it was a good performance considering it was the first test of the season. Read and Cruden were the best I reckon. Naholo was everywhere on the park and devastating on attack but can't catch or pass it seems. He got involved way more than Savea when he was on the right wing, and did more when he was on the left when Smith was on the right. He loves looking for work which is great. Give him time and patience and he'll be the mutt's nuts.

Julian Savea was shit yet again, and missed multiple tackles on North. Tell him to have a barnstormer at home in Welly otherwise he'll be dropped for the 3rd test. Fekitoa the 2nd worst back, with Crotty adequate. If fit, straight swap Whitelock for Romano, and Ngatai for Crotty, otherwise keep the same 23 as is.
ivelostmysparky
ivelostmysparky
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by Activist Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:30 am

I think I saw somewhere that Ngatai still hasn't recovered from concussion so I don't think he'll be in this series at all... sounds kinda serious and to be out for that long and still not recover - and then throw him into international rugby would be silly. It's a shame he was in sublime form.

Activist
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by Bren Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:46 am

Shit, you definitely don't want to be suffering from the effects of concussion for this long. Sad
Bren
Bren
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by Activist Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:54 am

Yeah and Ngatai already wears head gear so he's cautious as it is, he probably would take the field extremely weary and his confidence would be low so that might affect his performance.

James Broadhurst is another player who has been out with concussion, he hasn't taken the field in nearly a year because of it.

Activist
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by chewy Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:30 pm

Chiefs on fire!
chewy
chewy
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by tryasta Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:21 pm

28-7 with 5 to go. It puts into perspective all the fuss about test rugby, does it not? lol!
tryasta
tryasta
Superior

Back to top Go down

Post by Bren Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:33 pm

Didn't see the match but nicely done Chiefs.

On a different note I got a chuckle out of this article: http://thespinoff.co.nz/sports/14-06-2016/we-found-the-usain-bolt-of-world-rugby-and-he-is-a-lowly-touch-judge/
Bren
Bren
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by ivelostmysparky Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:56 pm

Thought the Chiefs backs would do well but the forwards really got stuck in too. Nice one Chiefs.
ivelostmysparky
ivelostmysparky
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by Activist Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:59 am

Wales must of underestimated the Chiefs... no way that should happen but I guess it's a testament to how strong NZ rugby is.

Activist
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by ivelostmysparky Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:47 am

ivelostmysparky wrote:Julian Savea was shit yet again, and missed multiple tackles on North. Tell him to have a barnstormer at home in Welly otherwise he'll be dropped for the 3rd test.

Didn't even get another chance at home.
Savea out. Dagg in.
ivelostmysparky
ivelostmysparky
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by gimping Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:58 am

I like this week's team, with the exception of tuipolotu would rather have Romano on the bench after being so good last week. Daggs form has been exceptional in super rugby, even though dmac has been pretty exciting Dagg is pushing to be the best 15 in the country. Doubt he will be the best again but he deserves the start
gimping
gimping
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by Pantherus Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:47 am

ivelostmysparky wrote:
ivelostmysparky wrote:Julian Savea was shit yet again, and missed multiple tackles on North. Tell him to have a barnstormer at home in Welly otherwise he'll be dropped for the 3rd test.

Savea out. Dagg in.

Much as I like Savea, I'm glad that Hansen's being somewhat ruthless in his selections. This is not the time to pander or play favourites.
Pantherus
Pantherus
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by Elsteveo Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:30 am

Pantherus wrote:
ivelostmysparky wrote:

Savea out. Dagg in.

Much as I like Savea, I'm glad that Hansen's being somewhat ruthless in his selections.  This is not the time to pander or play favourites.

I agree there has to be competition for spots. I am hopeful this opens the door a bit more for James Lowe he just about kicked it down on Tuesday night.

Elsteveo
Impressive

Back to top Go down

Post by tryasta Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:28 pm

Well, lately Dagg seems to be working hard to earn his spot whereas Savea seems to be working really hard to lose his so... I think everyone got what they were looking for.

I agree with gimping, I prefer Tuipulotu over Romano.
tryasta
tryasta
Superior

Back to top Go down

Post by Activist Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:07 pm

Romano is getting old though, he isn't really an impact player more of a starter.

Activist
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by gimping Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:50 am

He had a rough couple of years with injury. at one stage he was neck and neck with retallick but now we'll and truly in his shadow
gimping
gimping
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by Activist Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:47 am

He is a Brad Thorn type lock, he damages bodies with his ball carries - you can hear the impact on the TV. Tuipolotu is much the same, though is more dynamic with ball in hand and has age on his side.

I can only see two outcomes from this weekends game... Wales will either win or get hammered.

Activist
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by Bren Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:37 pm

Ben Smith and Israel Dagg will play their 50th test match tomorrow night.

Some examples of the delights they've given us over that time.

Ben Smith
Israel Dagg
Bren
Bren
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next