NZ Blackout Rugby Offsite Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» What's Going On Here?
by SmellyStuff Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:21 am

» Season 37 General Discussion
by robelix Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:47 pm

» Season 36 General Discussion
by chewy Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:35 pm

» Super Rugby 2018: Or Why It's Going To Be The Year Of The Highlanders Bitches
by tryasta Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:06 pm

» Season 35 General Discussion
by Bren Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:19 am

» Season 34 General Discussion
by donkeysaint Wed May 16, 2018 5:49 am

» Best All Black Team Since 1995 (the professional era)
by Bren Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:05 pm

» NT Player List
by simon71 Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:14 pm

» BR Ranfurly Shield
by ivelostmysparky Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:33 pm

Statistics
We have 108 registered users
The newest registered user is Bedswerver

Our users have posted a total of 8125 messages in 147 subjects

Season 34 General Discussion

+9
Pantherus
robelix
SmellyStuff
gimping
ivelostmysparky
Activist
chewy
tryasta
donkeysaint
13 posters

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down

Season 34 General Discussion  - Page 13 Empty Re: Season 34 General Discussion

Post by donkeysaint Mon May 07, 2018 4:52 pm

donkeysaint wrote:..or the bronze.. Smile
ivelostmysparky wrote:I suppose there could be someone cowardly enough to wnwim their SF with the B-team so ensure they win the bronze and the 3rd placed prize money. Hope not though.
robelix wrote:...ohh...mind games begin.

Wink
donkeysaint
donkeysaint
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by robelix Wed May 09, 2018 1:07 pm

Going through the process of setting tactics...then changing them...then changing them again ..

Good luck to all tonight
robelix
robelix
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by robelix Wed May 09, 2018 5:11 pm

Form issues has forced me to deviate from my usual line-up....mitigo goes to hooker (sculco to the reserve bench)...flanker fairbairn to halfback...hope that doesnt backfire too much...
robelix
robelix
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by ivelostmysparky Wed May 09, 2018 5:38 pm

Your stars suggest you are playing normal Rob...
ivelostmysparky
ivelostmysparky
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by donkeysaint Wed May 09, 2018 5:52 pm

Wow, what a game it will be..
Katipos vs. Hercufleas

I'm on LTNT. I have both my U20's on, but they are set to go off from 25 if I am starting to lose by a certain amount. They will definitely go off at 45. Either way, my team will get a boost when their replacements comes on. My bench is also somewhat stronger overall, perhaps I might get a late game advantage from that?

I got a fright when I saw Hercufleas' back three, with Freijo at 14. I had a long thought whether or not to change my defence, but opted not to. We shall see if it holds.

I might also get a bit of an advantage from Hercufleas' unbalanced front row. Perhaps I can get a scrum or two against the head?

How will the penalty/turnover mini-game turn out today? I look to have a decent discipline advantage. We'll see.

I am sure it will be very exciting (you aren't on normal as sparky suggests, are you?)! Good luck, Rob!!

@sparky,
Good luck to you too. You seem to have a more certain path to the final than Rob and I.

Edit: Hmm, looking more closely at the stars I am also suspecting normal from Rob? My lineout advantage wouldn't be so great otherwise, I think. If not HGA surely rules. Wink

If Rob is on normal, the energy will play out very differently for our teams. Hard to predict what will happen..
donkeysaint
donkeysaint
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by ivelostmysparky Wed May 09, 2018 6:20 pm

400k CSR and 108% energy yet bronze stam and hand stars? Can't be a LTNT.

I'm playing LTNT with a couple of bench players starting.
ivelostmysparky
ivelostmysparky
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by robelix Wed May 09, 2018 7:03 pm

Yep....gone for normal....gulp....looking for an advantage if I can make the final....I’m very scared right now.... and instant regrets
robelix
robelix
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by donkeysaint Wed May 09, 2018 7:26 pm

Oh. Will I win this? I believe I have subs good enough to keep decent 'TNT pressure throughout the game.. I might also get on top in penalty / turnover ratio. And I have a clear set piece advantage.

If I lose, it will be Rob's fearsome back three that punishes me. And injuries might screw it up for the both of us too..

Exciting!!  Very Happy

BTW, this is my first LTNT all season. Looking forward to see how my players do.
donkeysaint
donkeysaint
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by ivelostmysparky Wed May 09, 2018 8:01 pm

Donkey off to flying start while 'fleas are still asleep Shocked
ivelostmysparky
ivelostmysparky
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by donkeysaint Wed May 09, 2018 10:50 pm

I have made it to the final, with silver secured. Not a bad first League One season..

Looking at the game, is it fair to say that I was never in danger of losing? It would be very interesting to know what would have happened if we had both been on LTNT.
donkeysaint
donkeysaint
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by donkeysaint Thu May 10, 2018 1:14 am

Robelix, I suppose you are pretty disappointed. Thanks for the game anyway. We have won three games each against each other this season, neither of us winning away. I look forward to more, difficult and challenging games against you next season.

Soon you will be given your Cup Gold, probably together with a League Bronze. Good luck on Saturday!
donkeysaint
donkeysaint
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by robelix Thu May 10, 2018 8:04 am

donkeysaint wrote:Robelix, I suppose you are pretty disappointed. Thanks for the game anyway. We have won three games each against each other this season, neither of us winning away. I look forward to more, difficult and challenging games against you next season.

Soon you will be given your Cup Gold, probably together with a League Bronze. Good luck on Saturday!

well done to you donkeyman! gotta be honest, that was pretty disappointing...I got it so wrong with choosing intensity. I figured it was my last realistic chance to win league 1 as I have a few great older players declining that I will let loose on the transfer market (gigi976, fangupo started to decline, and Freijo)...I have a few other players that must be nearing decline also (Amador, Dizdaric), ...wanted to get whatever advantage I could in a possible playoff with sparky....I was actually suspicious that sparky might play his game on normal intensity. if I knewfor certainty that sparky was going to go pltnt, then I would have also....but that's part of the game and sorting out tactics.

but I have happy for you donekyman, you have had a standout seasons, well done! at least I will be going home with the national cup this season. Smile
robelix
robelix
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by ivelostmysparky Thu May 10, 2018 4:10 pm

Chin up Rob. Always next season. The Cup isn't a bad consolation prize.

I considered playing normal but only briefly. Sparker did beat me in the Cup when he had the intensity advantage after all. And then there have been the disastrous injuries and lop sided performance arrows afflicting my team of late. As it was the ME gave me -7 in the performance arrows compared to Sparker.

And as for you Donkey - what a season you're having. See you in the final.
ivelostmysparky
ivelostmysparky
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by ivelostmysparky Thu May 10, 2018 7:37 pm

Anyone know what the deal with @tryasta is? Very active on BR but making himself scarce on the OS.
ivelostmysparky
ivelostmysparky
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by donkeysaint Sat May 12, 2018 4:20 pm

Absolutely smashed in the final, great show of class from the Crusaders! I didn't think I'd have a chance really, but the way sparky took me apart today was something else. Congratulations!

Congratulations to Rob too. Like in the cup final the bronze game was pretty tight until the last 20 or so. Well done!
donkeysaint
donkeysaint
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by ivelostmysparky Sat May 12, 2018 4:58 pm

Thanks Donkey, I played aggressive to put you under pressure at the ruck and to generate quick attacking ball for me. However you are being too magnanimous. I got +15 on the performance arrows and we both know that is worth a 30+ point swing.
ivelostmysparky
ivelostmysparky
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by ivelostmysparky Sat May 12, 2018 6:14 pm

Stupid fucking members are only on 81 contentment Evil or Very Mad I just won the Division One final by 45 points you bunch of ingrats.
ivelostmysparky
ivelostmysparky
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by donkeysaint Sat May 12, 2018 7:47 pm

ivelostmysparky wrote:Stupid fucking members are only on 81 contentment Evil or Very Mad I just won the Division One final by 45 points you bunch of ingrats.

That's outrageous, what an absolutely spoiled bunch!

I guess that's what happens when you are the highest ranking team and lose a game here and there. Sparker in the cup and me in the league must have dropped you towards 50 or so?

I'm a bit annoyed with my lot too. Went from 98 to 81. Like winning the silver as a newcomer is something to sulk over. They should be carrying around golden donkey statues in my honour!! Sad

**looks at my avatar and sighs**
donkeysaint
donkeysaint
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by Bren Sat May 12, 2018 8:26 pm

Yeah, personally I always thought that numbers of season at a level should be a factor in members contentment.

A team in division one for the first time (or first time in a while) should have generally happy fans (as long as they're not losing games they should win).

If that team should get demoted then impact of contentment should be less than a team that has been in division one for seasons.
Bren
Bren
Grand

Super Rugby Team : Highlanders

Back to top Go down

Post by ivelostmysparky Sun May 13, 2018 8:57 pm

Cup loss to Sparker 90 => 65
League loss to Katipos 62 => 40 (dead rubber, 1st place was already secured)
League loss to Gunslingers 42 => 23 (dead rubber, 1st place was already secured)

At the end of the season there are overriding contentment changes for teams that relegate and promote, so why not other teams? My fans should clearly be far happier with winning Div 1 by 45 points, and Donkey's fans should equally be thrilled with 2nd place in their first appearance in Div 1 (CSR wasn't that high either). Then there are the 2 weeks of decline back towards the 50 mark before competitive fixtures start again and the ability to gain contentment.

Looking at my affiliates.
Apeldoorn 65. Silver in Div 1, and finished 4th placed in the regular season so upset the first placed team to get to the final. Previously the no trophy 4th place was the best result.

Goettingen 72. Bronze in Div 2. Finished 4th placed in regular season. Previously the no trophy 4th place was the best result. CSR suggests 5th/6th place finish.

BMS 53. Finished 5th in their first time in Div 1. CSR says should have finished 6th/7th.
ivelostmysparky
ivelostmysparky
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by robelix Mon May 14, 2018 9:11 am

just a quick post to let you know im not sulking! Very Happy

well done to sparky with your league success this season, a deserved winner! thanks for the Friday friendly...I wanted one final chance to break my losing streak before I lost some of my higher ranked CSR players...what a major fail that was....I forgot to set tactics for that game and default settings were used (would like to have changed my line-up around to suit form players better). anyway, it was a huge spanking.

well done again to Donkeyman, it was a deserved silver trophy after a fantastic season you have had.

im looking forward to season 35...though with the impending losses of 3 players above 450k csr....it will be an achievement to make the playoffs.

well done to any other offsiters here who did well in the playoffs also.
robelix
robelix
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by Elsteveo Mon May 14, 2018 11:24 am

Congrats Sparky! Also congrats to donkeysaint that is a a great return for your first season in Div1.

As for the Fellas we are back up to Div 2 after great season.

Elsteveo
Impressive

Back to top Go down

Post by ivelostmysparky Mon May 14, 2018 1:16 pm

Thanks Rob. My team will be a little weaker next season too.

And thank you elestevo. Do you still rock the one tonne pack?
ivelostmysparky
ivelostmysparky
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by donkeysaint Wed May 16, 2018 5:49 am

Thank you everyone, it's been great to play and be part of such a great community.

Next season I'll have two new U20's to school into league one rugby, so if sparky and Rob will be slightly weaker it might end up even. Wink

I also plan to run for election as U20 manager. If I get elected that will be another challenge to look forward to.
donkeysaint
donkeysaint
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13