NZ Blackout Rugby Offsite Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» What's Going On Here?
by SmellyStuff Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:21 am

» Season 37 General Discussion
by robelix Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:47 pm

» Season 36 General Discussion
by chewy Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:35 pm

» Super Rugby 2018: Or Why It's Going To Be The Year Of The Highlanders Bitches
by tryasta Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:06 pm

» Season 35 General Discussion
by Bren Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:19 am

» Season 34 General Discussion
by donkeysaint Wed May 16, 2018 5:49 am

» Best All Black Team Since 1995 (the professional era)
by Bren Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:05 pm

» NT Player List
by simon71 Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:14 pm

» BR Ranfurly Shield
by ivelostmysparky Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:33 pm

Statistics
We have 108 registered users
The newest registered user is Bedswerver

Our users have posted a total of 8125 messages in 147 subjects

NZI Discussion

+14
Shaun51
Tharbridge
chewy
aius
dazz43
Pantherus
Brentton
humantool
SmellyStuff
robelix
blakers
ivelostmysparky
gimping
simon71
18 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

NZI Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: NZI Discussion

Post by Pantherus Mon May 09, 2016 9:17 pm

Imagine being the guy who doesn't think of that, you're up by 2, get a penalty, and gleefully kick it out, celebrating with your teammates...then get told you have to throw in the lineout Smile
Pantherus
Pantherus
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by tryasta Mon May 09, 2016 10:28 pm

Pantherus wrote:...then get told you have to throw in the lineout Smile
and you happen to be playing against Maleli Pareraukawa's team...
tryasta
tryasta
Superior

Back to top Go down

Post by Pantherus Mon May 09, 2016 10:31 pm

then you do an England and throw it to the back of your lineout Smile
Pantherus
Pantherus
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by tryasta Mon May 09, 2016 10:49 pm

Pantherus wrote:then you do an England and throw it to the back of your lineout Smile

That raises a question: If the 80 minutes are over and we have a penalty and the ball is kicked out, there's a lineout. That's what we all have seen this season.

But if the subsequent lineout throw is not straight, is it equivalent to a knock on/ forward pass and therefore game over?
tryasta
tryasta
Superior

Back to top Go down

Post by ivelostmysparky Tue May 10, 2016 6:41 am

I presume it would be all over then. You could accidently make sure the hooker throws it in not straight. Or even easier, you could just bork the throw (is that slang or the proper term?) to give away a free kick and end the game.

Both of those options seem very unsporting.
ivelostmysparky
ivelostmysparky
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by Pantherus Tue May 10, 2016 9:14 am

I guess it'll become one of those things that just has to be remembered - like when taking a free kick.
Pantherus
Pantherus
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by Pantherus Mon May 16, 2016 10:54 pm

Apologies for the spam mail tonight - for some reason, the exact same code that created the normal fixtures now decided that a Thursday fixture should try to happen on a monday, meaning that it was too late...frigging weird...
Pantherus
Pantherus
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by robelix Thu May 26, 2016 3:05 pm

Playing for respectability today...let's see how well I can contain the damage against rage...
robelix
robelix
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by ivelostmysparky Thu May 26, 2016 7:39 pm

Down in the stars to gunslingers Neutral
ivelostmysparky
ivelostmysparky
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by robelix Mon May 30, 2016 10:53 pm

so was the last NZI fixture a semi-final?
robelix
robelix
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by donkeysaint Tue May 31, 2016 1:19 am

I have accepted an NZI game, but have an additional eight identical fixtures sitting and waiting in my friendlies tab. I take it the script ran amok again?
donkeysaint
donkeysaint
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by ivelostmysparky Tue May 31, 2016 6:15 am

Yes the last fixtures were the semis. Robby you have chewy in the 1st place overall winner final thing.

However the fixtures are fucked. Only 5 games were created, and each of these games were created 9 times affraid  scratch  I've asked Panth to delay the NZI finals to next week (R11) while it gets sorted.
ivelostmysparky
ivelostmysparky
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by Pantherus Tue May 31, 2016 1:29 pm

Sorry guys - the lack of a complete test environment means I'm having to use the main game as a bit of a guinea pig, and so when it doesn't quite work right it ends up affecting you all - so I very much apologise there.

The fixtures are now up and ready to go for the FINALS. They will be played next week because of delays - so that everyone can accept in time.

Honestly - this is all becoming a bit much and I realise it's annoying you all...I keep trying to make it easier on myself and just end up making more work...

I'll leave it up to the community - is it worth it? Are you still enjoying the competition enough? The number of sign-ups has certainly gone down and there seem to be fewer and fewer "upsets" now than there used to be...

Open to suggestions certainly.
Pantherus
Pantherus
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by Activist Tue May 31, 2016 2:29 pm

I run a 3rd party comp in Poland and understand how much work is involved! It would be a shame to lose such a prestigious competition in NZ after so many successful seasons.

If no one wanted to step up and run it - I'm happy to run the NZI... however what I propose is that we move the NZI to the Monday friendly slot and kill two birds with one stone.

I understand that not everyone will want to be involved with managing energy etc, and the results won't be a true reflection of a teams ability or performance against other NZ clubs as most managers would want to play their 2nds and/or trainees.

But if there isn't anyone willing to step up and run/help with the current setup we have, this could be an option.

Activist
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by Pantherus Tue May 31, 2016 2:42 pm

I don't mind running it, but I'm very aware of the reduced interest in the last few seasons since I took a break. Not sure if regular recurrence will turn it up again - not to mention increased consistency and promptness by me Very Happy

If people still want it, I'll keep working on it, hopefully improving it season by season as I have time to tinker with the code.

I keep hoping for a chance, for example, to put some javascript into the signups page so that it's not so awful...but because I'd be having to learn it as I go I have no idea how long it would take, plus I pretty much do all the coding and admin work while I'm actually at work Smile
Pantherus
Pantherus
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by chewy Tue May 31, 2016 4:23 pm

So is mine and robs a final? Who was top qualifier, how did HGA get sorted? If it's a final, Rob you happy to do it over home and away legs?

Really is only the fair way for finals. cheers
chewy
chewy
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by Bren Tue May 31, 2016 4:44 pm

Reminds me, a neutral venue option for 3rd party competitions would always be a great option.
Bren
Bren
Grand

Super Rugby Team : Highlanders

Back to top Go down

Post by Pantherus Tue May 31, 2016 5:06 pm

chewy wrote:So is mine and robs a final? Who was top qualifier, how did HGA get sorted? If it's a final, Rob you happy to do it over home and away legs?

Yes, you're the final.

I used Bren's randomisation system - so the Quarter's are seeded so the top qualifiers get HGA and their opposition is randomised; from there the qualifying winners go up against each other and Home & Away is randomised.

My automated system handles SOME Of this but not all - the key step I'm missing is the connection between the created fixtures, and the actual seeding so that I filter them correctly...going to have to re-architect it to sort the fixtures better I think...
Pantherus
Pantherus
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by ivelostmysparky Tue May 31, 2016 7:56 pm

I think it is absolutely critical that the NZI continues on in the future and is kept in the Thursday slot. The U20s and NT can be extremely successful and the people involved can write extensive previews/reviews/stats pieces but some managers still won't give 2 shits. All they care about is having fun with their club and that will never change.

I propose that the NZI changes its format to league style only with no playoffs. This will heavily reduce admin workload to only preparing pools and fixtures before the comp starts, and updating the points tables weekly.

If NZ CCs are only going to be played in R15 and 16 each season, then could have 8 teams per pool and make it 14 weeks long starting R1. Each teams plays the other 7 in their pool twice (H&A). Simple linear tiers. Pools would be straight promotion-relegation for top and bottom finishing teams. Newcomers would fit in where ever possible.

If everyone involved wanted to play against next season the pools would look like this:

Top Tier:
Melville RFC
Hercufleas United
Rage Against the Latrine
Okaiawa
Wroclaw Catfish Crusaders
Innocent Dingo's
Winner of FRuity Oenological Gastronomes/Gunslingers last place playoff
Promoted team (Winner of Norse Viking's/Piss Artists final)

2nd Tier:
Relegated team (Loser of FRuity Oenological Gastronomes/Gunslingers last place playoff)
Loser of Norse Viking's/Piss Artists final
Naki Boys
Western
etc etc
ivelostmysparky
ivelostmysparky
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by chewy Tue May 31, 2016 8:55 pm

I will always play, but not on a Monday- unless my league one brothers all do the same.

Otherwise Thursday for me. Any style, league sounds good.
chewy
chewy
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by robelix Tue May 31, 2016 11:57 pm

chewy wrote:So is mine and robs a final? Who was top qualifier, how did HGA get sorted? If it's a final, Rob you happy to do it over home and away legs?

sorry chewy, for me a final is a one-off match....winner takes all....and i think with our recent history, i fancy my chances over one match rather than two Neutral   - though an extra week in between matches could be an advantage for me....allow your geriatric players drop a little bit more in skill tongue

as a compromise, i am happy for the home ground advantage to be redrawn. Smile
robelix
robelix
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by robelix Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:00 am

re: panther

i still enjoy the NZI....but i have been wondering that with the lack of traffic on the offsite maybe we should trial a forum on the NZ Clubroom on the BR site?

sorry, im probably a "nay" for Monday friendlies...too cutthroat in league one these days....a few energy % points could be rather vital....
robelix
robelix
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by donkeysaint Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:00 am

If Sparky's league-style competition would mean less admin work, it sounds good to me. I also agree that the NZI should keep going and that it shouldn't be a Monday friendly.
donkeysaint
donkeysaint
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by Bren Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:24 am

A league system can also be pretty flexible depending on how many people sign up.

Anyway, could try to add some more fun to the NZI proceedings. I could bring back the NZI magazine for next season (though it'll need to be stats-heavy rather than text as it's the text that takes most of the time)
Bren
Bren
Grand

Super Rugby Team : Highlanders

Back to top Go down

Post by Pantherus Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:13 am

I'll need to revamp my code to accommodate the no-playoffs-system but then it would be a one-off afterwards; while the playoffs system is largely in place now but requires ongoing admin work through each season to process it.

We'd probably look to revamp the tiers as well in that case - as the current 3 would only allow for 24 teams.
Pantherus
Pantherus
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next