NZ Blackout Rugby Offsite Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» What's Going On Here?
by SmellyStuff Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:21 am

» Season 37 General Discussion
by robelix Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:47 pm

» Season 36 General Discussion
by chewy Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:35 pm

» Super Rugby 2018: Or Why It's Going To Be The Year Of The Highlanders Bitches
by tryasta Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:06 pm

» Season 35 General Discussion
by Bren Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:19 am

» Season 34 General Discussion
by donkeysaint Wed May 16, 2018 5:49 am

» Best All Black Team Since 1995 (the professional era)
by Bren Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:05 pm

» NT Player List
by simon71 Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:14 pm

» BR Ranfurly Shield
by ivelostmysparky Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:33 pm

Statistics
We have 108 registered users
The newest registered user is Bedswerver

Our users have posted a total of 8125 messages in 147 subjects

Season 33 General Discussion

+8
the_killerz
chewy
robelix
nahiean.sa
van coke
Yenrac
jamesco
gimping
12 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Season 33 General Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Season 33 General Discussion

Post by ivelostmysparky Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:47 am

And a new post for my behavior. Following my comments on the chewy vs amz thing I get told I have a big head and should reign myself in.

On the [S 32 33 ] national general chat thread I am struggling to see any arrogant comment by me. It gets pointed out by batman that I beat Italy (even intensity + energy, 130k CSR disadvantage) and says congrats. I replied with "Christmas miracle" Doesn't seem particularly big-headed of me. It gets pointed out by tyasta's partner that I beat England 38-0, batman says I beat England back to back, tryasta mentions that I have a chance I could "hold at the same time the National Cup, Division I League, World Cup reigning champ and EU.1 title". I decline to comment on these. What am I supposed to say to these comments? Am I supposed to say all of these games were close, anyone could have won, and in fact rugby was the winner on the day? Is that what I have to do in order to dodge accusations of having no class and a big head?

If anyone thinks I lack class then I suggest you look up my comments on my losses. A few days before this whole thing started off I praised Safe Hands for knocking me out of the WCC - and even pointed out his win was even more impressive because of his early injuries putting crap players on the field early on. Or you can ask activist how I acted when he beat me (NL) in the U20 WC, or Ad with the NZ U20, or muzza in Poland Cups, or IT and Safe Hands after my losses in the S29 NT WC. Here is what I said in public "Well done Safe Hands! Zimbabwe were far too good for me." You'll be struggling to find a lack of class by me in any of those examples. I complement those who deserve it. I don't lie just to make someone feel better.

And now a question for you @tryasta if I may. I did reply to chewy with a mocking tone but I was serious. Do you think @donkeysaint showing off his silver U20 WC trophy in his signature shows a lack of class or that he has big head? Or what about his "bragging" of his success in the NZI thread? He is absolutely dominating the Championship with no csr advantage! It's totally amazing. While I do think having the silver U20 trophy in his signature is a little gauche, IMO he should be proud of his club and U20 successes which are both magnificent and display/talk about them, rather than adopting false modesty. Donkey is clearly a world class manager who I believe will overtake my skills sometime this year, and is already a far better manager than 99% of BR managers.
ivelostmysparky
ivelostmysparky
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by tryasta Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:24 am

To be fair, @ivelostmysparky, I never really thought you had a big head, but I do believe you could have avoided a comment to @donkeysaint that has nothing to do with him, but with @Chewy. That was an opportunistic use of @donkeysaint congratulations message I did not appreciate.

Regarding the Silver Cup @donkeysaint is showing I not only am not offended at all, but I feel an ounce of pride every time I see it, knowing I contributed a little bit. Watching that semifinal was one of my best moments in BR, so I can imagine how @donkeysaint feels about it. Hell, I like seeing that Cup!!

If you indeed wanted to warn @Chewy he was going too far, you don't do it publicly, in front of everybody... unless the real purpose is not warning @Chewy but showing allegiance.

Do you feel @Chewy treats amz unfairly? You tell him privately: "Hey mate! He was not bragging, that was unwarranted. Take it easy, man Wink" Honestly, I wonder what were you expecting from @Chewy after your comments in the global forum... A step back?

@Tryasta might be still in two minds regarding what to expect from @ivelostmysparky, but he does not hesitate to congratulate him for his outstanding results in the club and the International Arena.

But logging in the offsite and seeing again the same stuff, quite frankly, it starts to be a little bit too much for me. You could have let it go, sparky, I really believe you could have.

And now my apologies. I should not have said you had been humbler, what I meant is I expected better from you towards @Chewy here in the Offsite.

tryasta
tryasta
Superior

Back to top Go down

Post by donkeysaint Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:05 am

Hehe, here I have a casual look at a usually dormant offsite, and what do I find. Discussion and argumentation! Shocked Razz

Anyway, without trying to get in on @chewy's and @ivelostmysparky's rumble, I must say that I do not see sparky as blown-up, in any way. In my humble opinion, sparky is a Top-5 (or even Top-3) BR manager, something no other current NZ manager can aspire to. His consistent results, most notably at international level, but also at club level, are most impressive (in fact, "most impressive" is too weak a description for it). I believe sparky has every right to be proud of that, and to point it out here and there.

Regarding myself, I do hope that my NZI comments about total points came through as part tongue-in-cheek, part praise to both sparky and myself. I am proud of what I am achieving at club level, even though it has much more to do with me being a good strategist in regards to constructing a squad and developing players in the long term, than it is a sign of me being a top tactician (which I am not).

And finally, the Trophy. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy (yes, that is how I feel about that.  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy )

It is something I am very proud of, and proud to stick my neck out for by showing it off. For me, as a relative newbie manager, to beat the odds and claim that U20 silver, is my BR-moment before any other. While I very proud over how my instincts when planning and executing the campaign, foremost the EOST, S30's subseason B and the WC, were right, I am also acutely aware of the team work involved. I had intensive interaction with a great number of managers during that 3/4 of a U20 term, and especially during the WC weeks. In fact, I think that silver is something we should all be proud of! (and yes, I do realise that it is a tad gauche Wink )
cheers Season 33 General Discussion - Page 3 Wc.2 cheers
donkeysaint
donkeysaint
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by ivelostmysparky Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:32 am

I see where you are coming from tryasta. I used donkey as an example to point out some possible big-headedness and lack of class to see if chewy had a problem with other NZ managers. I shouldn't have done that and I'm sorry for using donkey as a tool for my own needs. That wasn't fair. As I already said, he should be proud of his achievements which came from his hard work and natural skill in rugby management.

I thought my initial comment on chewy vs amz was very fair "Really chewy? The "first round failure" where you defeated amz by 2 points? While Uruguay did have 1 level of intensity advantage, NZ were at home, had a 40k CSR advantage and a far superior (150k CSR) bench, and a large 17% energy advantage. The dice also rolled your way judging by the performance rating. Not sure I would be gloating about that game." My only regret is not directly stating that amz obviously put out a default team on normal and he clearly meant to play wnwim. So yes, I expected chewy to look at the lineups and energy, realise that amz was telling the truth, and then take a step back and drop the issue. As it turned out I was greatly mistaken.

It looks clear to me that chewy was in the wrong in that argument. That it was a default side on normal which was supposed to be a wnwim. It's now up to chewy to change his mind if he wants and try to smooth things over with amz.

All said and done, it looks like only one manager here sees me as being blown-up, having a big head and no class, and that I should reign myself in. Chewy of course can continue to believe what he wants but I am happy enough with my conduct on BR and here.
ivelostmysparky
ivelostmysparky
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by tryasta Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:26 pm

Don't assume I share what you have chosen  to do/say. At least you accept your comment here in the Offsite was unnecessary. That's good.

Your "really , Chewy" comment is surely not your best attempt to appease anyone. I don't care what @Chewy said and was wrong (and I am not going to discuss what he said and was so very right, either). No matter how many times I read it, I still have the feeling that its main rcpt was not really @Chewy, but the BR community. As I said, when you want to convince someone he did something wrong, you don't do it publicly.

What I believe is whatever feud be between @amz and @Chewy is for them to sort out and if you think teaming up with @amz helps, well, you saw it didn't.
tryasta
tryasta
Superior

Back to top Go down

Post by tryasta Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:50 pm

@donkeysaint I would like to be able to say "I was able to win nice silverware as u20 manager, too" and make your deed look like bread and butter but my representative account is maiden of titles and God knows how difficult the last three seasons have been, and I am not sure next season is going to be any easier...  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes

Your u20 Silver Cup is going to be a standout for some time, I guess Very Happy
tryasta
tryasta
Superior

Back to top Go down

Post by chewy Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:47 pm

Happy new year guys.

The rift between Amz and I stems back a few seasons now, where he falsely accused me of using my staff powers to rig an election lol, but it’s more banter than anything. That’s why I state that I know he can handle it, as he is very good at dishing it out, and when he puts on his “lawyer” speak, his arrogance level hits 100.

Here’s a few facts -

Anyone can say anything in BR, who knows if they are telling the truth or not, most of the time its banter.

Uruguay’s loss to NZ was a failure. Wether u look on or off the field, fact is management let themselves down by not setting correct lineup and then they got punished for lack of energy.

I’m not really sure why you felt the need to jump in and save AMZ sparky, he’s a big boy and can fight his own banter, but hey, you did.

We shouldn’t be arguing amongst ourselves tbh, so I’ll grab the peace pipe flower
chewy
chewy
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by robelix Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:35 am

ivelostmysparky wrote:Very nice. Top spot in I.1 locked up with 2 games to go.

yep, all top 4 spots are locked into place with one round remaining....
I was hoping Gunslingers might try to leapfrog Sparker, as i was really hoping to avoid Sparker in the playoffs...my record against them has been somewhat atrocious of late Crying or Very sad

looks like we will all be taking it easy this weekend and hitting the playoffs in top energy Smile

robelix
robelix
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by ivelostmysparky Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:12 pm

chewy wrote:
We shouldn’t be arguing amongst ourselves tbh, so I’ll grab the peace pipe flower
Alright then. I'll toke. You do things your way and I'll do things my way.

robelix wrote:
yep, all top 4 spots are locked into place with one round remaining....
I was hoping Gunslingers might try to leapfrog Sparker, as i was really hoping to avoid Sparker in the playoffs...my record against them has been somewhat atrocious of late Crying or Very sad

looks like we will all be taking it easy this weekend and hitting the playoffs in top energy Smile
Yeah. A bit of a waste of round now. In fact all 4 of my teams have nothing to play for in their respective leagues except rating points and contentment.
ivelostmysparky
ivelostmysparky
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by robelix Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:29 am

no problem for you to lose contentment in the last round...I imagine it will sky rocket again once you win all the playoff games! Exclamation

as for me....I could lose contentment quite drastically and then be struggling to fill half a stadium for next seasons early bot games Mad
robelix
robelix
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by ivelostmysparky Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:39 pm

robelix wrote:no problem for you to lose contentment in the last round...I imagine it will sky rocket again once you win all the playoff games! Exclamation

as for me....I could lose contentment quite drastically and then be struggling to fill half a stadium for next seasons early bot games Mad

But I don't want to lose contentment because otherwise I'll never be able to overtake Batman. Though I don't think I can unless I sell off my young and middle age high-value players and hoard up cheap old experienced players and don't train my own players. The latter options seems boring to me.

Have you ever lost money against a bot team Rob?
ivelostmysparky
ivelostmysparky
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by robelix Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:08 pm

no I don't think so....

would be good to see someone knock off Batman Cool
robelix
robelix
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by tryasta Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:28 am

So sad to see @Bren 's players in the TM :_(
tryasta
tryasta
Superior

Back to top Go down

Post by donkeysaint Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:56 pm

I agree, Bren's departure is a great loss
donkeysaint
donkeysaint
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by Activist Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:53 pm

Dam some shit going on in here haha, forgot about this place! Sparky getting all Dr Phil on it, tryasta and DS trying to cool things down while it looks like chewy doesn't give two fucks lol.

Might have to tune into the NZ vs NL world cup match looks like it's going to be a goody.

And yup big loss losing Bren - think he's probably the reason I got engaged in the game, dude put in the work with his stats and stuff man provided a lot of valuable insight.

Activist
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by donkeysaint Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:25 pm

It's a game to watch, for sure.. cherry Very Happy
donkeysaint
donkeysaint
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by tryasta Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:30 am

Yeah, and I think we all agree: we will be happy if New Zealand lifts the World Cup Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
tryasta
tryasta
Superior

Back to top Go down

Post by robelix Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:25 pm

and lets not forget the playoffs tonight!

good luck to everyone, especially fishy and the Gunslingers alien

....I have had to play sparker in the semi-finals in 5 of the last 6 seasons now.....my record against them in the playoffs is rather mixed...
Season 32, lost 39-20
Season 31, won 31-29
Season 30, won 31-17
Season 28, lost 36-43
Season 25, lost 40-20

robelix
robelix
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by ivelostmysparky Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:04 pm

robelix wrote:and lets not forget the playoffs tonight!

good luck to everyone, especially fishy and the Gunslingers alien

....I have had to play sparker in the semi-finals in 5 of the last 6 seasons now.....my record against them in the playoffs is rather mixed...
Season 32, lost 39-20
Season 31, won 31-29
Season 30, won 31-17
Season 28, lost 36-43
Season 25, lost 40-20

You stinker Rob Razz

I gave Gunslingers an opening by playing normal intensity even though it looks like he is giving it a shot instead of the traditional wnwim flop. Did you notice Sparker's loosehead prop? Perhaps he used a default lineup? Could work out well for for you.
ivelostmysparky
ivelostmysparky
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by robelix Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:58 pm

Ahhh....yeah....about that....
robelix
robelix
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by robelix Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:00 pm

Looks like we are in for 2 great matches!
Yeah I saw that prop....I'm sure he played him in our last game also...which he managed to win too...

But good luck sparky!
robelix
robelix
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by tryasta Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:15 pm

Minute 74 and Hercufleas are awarded a scrum 5m out, they win it with ease and score two phases after. 23-22 to Hercufleas with 4:30 to go.
tryasta
tryasta
Superior

Back to top Go down

Post by ivelostmysparky Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:46 pm

Tough result Rob.
ivelostmysparky
ivelostmysparky
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by tryasta Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:00 pm

@Robelix gutted for you :S
tryasta
tryasta
Superior

Back to top Go down

Post by robelix Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:58 pm

Ah bugger...never mind. Cheers lads, good luck for your fixtures. You must be pretty confident sparky with that energy and home advantage.
I tried a more aggressive approach tonight. Can't complain too much....my kicker missed some straight forward kicks, I think that was the main difference.
robelix
robelix
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next