NZ Blackout Rugby Offsite Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» What's Going On Here?
by SmellyStuff Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:21 am

» Season 37 General Discussion
by robelix Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:47 pm

» Season 36 General Discussion
by chewy Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:35 pm

» Super Rugby 2018: Or Why It's Going To Be The Year Of The Highlanders Bitches
by tryasta Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:06 pm

» Season 35 General Discussion
by Bren Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:19 am

» Season 34 General Discussion
by donkeysaint Wed May 16, 2018 5:49 am

» Best All Black Team Since 1995 (the professional era)
by Bren Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:05 pm

» NT Player List
by simon71 Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:14 pm

» BR Ranfurly Shield
by ivelostmysparky Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:33 pm

Statistics
We have 108 registered users
The newest registered user is Bedswerver

Our users have posted a total of 8125 messages in 147 subjects

Season 28 Discussion

+14
Elsteveo
chewy
Bren
trippa
tryasta
Pantherus
Kruizey
batty001
PTT
SmellyStuff
robelix
Brentton
razorbladeYfronts
donkeysaint
18 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Season 28 Discussion  - Page 10 Empty Re: Season 28 Discussion

Post by razorbladeYfronts Thu May 26, 2016 11:23 pm

So I'm immoral to the NZ psyche? Suspect

razorbladeYfronts
Impressive

Back to top Go down

Post by robelix Fri May 27, 2016 7:26 am

...oh dear you have been offended...

Im just whopping it up cause for once I was the massive underdog that managed an upset...

Again, didnt mean to be offensive or be a poor winner, sending out some ribbing is all part of what i do, Shake hands now?
robelix
robelix
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by chewy Fri May 27, 2016 7:27 am

I thought u were tougher that that Razor. lol!
chewy
chewy
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by robelix Fri May 27, 2016 7:28 am

...its nice to give someone a rark up that isn't chewy... Wink
robelix
robelix
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by razorbladeYfronts Fri May 27, 2016 8:31 am

robelix wrote:...oh dear you have been offended...

Im just whopping it up cause for once I was the massive underdog that managed an upset...

Again, didnt mean to be offensive or be a poor winner, sending out some ribbing is all part of what i do, Shake hands now?

You didn't get the memo with the smiley at the end? Are you .... maybe .... perchance .... projecting? jocolor

razorbladeYfronts
Impressive

Back to top Go down

Post by razorbladeYfronts Fri May 27, 2016 8:43 am

chewy wrote:I thought u were tougher that that Razor. lol!

I am a wittle wibbly wobbly fwower and not used to Rob acting all butch and rubbing my stamen too hard. flower + flower (Razor+Rob)

But in all sincerity I was just trying to prevent an outbreak of Oz-manship. Laughing (that's got to hurt)

razorbladeYfronts
Impressive

Back to top Go down

Post by razorbladeYfronts Fri May 27, 2016 9:12 am

razorbladeYfronts wrote:So I'm immoral to the NZ psyche? Suspect

P.S. I thought the response I'd get would be something akin to: lol! Yup, exactly! Wink

That said I'm all for going mano a mano with anyone and everyone. Banter is in very short supply in the BR world. There are no arguments and no fun onsite at all. Most communities are bolloxed and that's my main conviction as to why the game's gone stale. There are no rivalries or desire to admit to them. All the characters are now like eunuch versions of themselves. You can rib me as much as you want, I've got much better game than most in that domain. king Just because I want to keep a strain going doesn't mean I'm wilting .... just maybe I'm sowing. afro

razorbladeYfronts
Impressive

Back to top Go down

Post by robelix Fri May 27, 2016 9:19 am

good on ya razor... pirat

we seem to be on a similar wavelength....
robelix
robelix
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by Pantherus Fri May 27, 2016 9:23 am

It's the psyche of 2015/2016 Razor - everyone gets offended so nobody wants to offend anyone any more, except those tho DGAF. So the only banter you see is often really harsh
Pantherus
Pantherus
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by robelix Fri May 27, 2016 9:39 am

yes...what pants-r-us said

Last edited by robelix on Fri May 27, 2016 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total
robelix
robelix
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by chewy Fri May 27, 2016 9:45 am

razorbladeYfronts wrote:

P.S. I thought the response I'd get would be something akin to: lol! Yup, exactly! Wink

That said I'm all for going mano a mano with anyone and everyone. Banter is in very short supply in the BR world. There are no arguments and no fun onsite at all. Most communities are bolloxed and that's my main conviction as to why the game's gone stale. There are no rivalries or desire to admit to them. All the characters are now like eunuch versions of themselves. You can rib me as much as you want, I've got much better game than most in that domain. king Just because I want to keep a strain going doesn't mean I'm wilting .... just maybe I'm sowing. afro

did you just throw out a rap song there? Cool
chewy
chewy
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by robelix Fri May 27, 2016 9:52 am

oh no he did int
robelix
robelix
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by razorbladeYfronts Fri May 27, 2016 9:56 am

Do you want to know the reason why I ended up with the big dirty "farm" team? I was playing happily in my home community, doing well in the league, beating the majority, including the big boys. I went onto the offsite, kissing the king's arses as you must, until one of the pseudo-elites took me down in a cup game and was boasting about putting a minnow in it's place, trying to get in with the cool circle. I called him a "charlatán", which has a similar meaning to the english "charlatan" but does punch a bit harder, I just wanted to get some juices flowing. He starts crying and the rest of the big boys back him up and give me the cold shoulder on the offsite. I got some special treatment in the league the next season too. One bigger baby was there that I put on his arse several times and in several ways but in the end it just wasn't worth staying there. I had to leave my home community because of BR babies and a master baby. Just think, if it wasn't for that I might have only won a couple of majors instead of the gazillions I have now Razz . But I suppose I would have "earned" them .... Cool lol!

Actually, that was just one of the tipping points. I got cold-shouldered for not contributing to the translation even though they had a full team on it and never spoke to me. I didn't have the time to volunteer in RL but one in particular took the hump. A perpetually offended gobshite with Napoleon syndrome.

razorbladeYfronts
Impressive

Back to top Go down

Post by Pantherus Fri May 27, 2016 9:59 am

Wow - that sucks so much when people act like that Sad
Pantherus
Pantherus
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by razorbladeYfronts Fri May 27, 2016 10:01 am

chewy wrote:
razorbladeYfronts wrote:

did you just throw out a rap song there? Cool
We talking good 70's/80's rap or today's mah hoe, mah hoe, slam dat beeeatch wi' dah' coconut ridge!  Question

razorbladeYfronts
Impressive

Back to top Go down

Post by Bren Fri May 27, 2016 10:02 am

Easily offended people on the internet is probably the most boring thing there is.
Bren
Bren
Grand

Super Rugby Team : Highlanders

Back to top Go down

Post by razorbladeYfronts Fri May 27, 2016 10:10 am

Pantherus wrote:Wow - that sucks so much when people act like that Sad

If BR really wants to know why people are not staying then the community aspect needs serious looking-at. The community structure, the way offsites are handled, the perception of the elite in communities, taking care of the community waterers, etc. I was almost out the door because of problems attributable to those I've mentioned, it's not cohesive and creates cliques or at least the perception of cliques. If you're a community player like in other games you won't stay. I only stayed to piss off others at that time, worked too. Very Happy But albeit a good motive, getting a positive buzz from others is better.

razorbladeYfronts
Impressive

Back to top Go down

Post by Pantherus Fri May 27, 2016 10:11 am

Season 28 Discussion  - Page 10 Offend10
Pantherus
Pantherus
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by razorbladeYfronts Fri May 27, 2016 10:26 am

To stop the digression (I won't take the blame for it Twisted Evil ) the latest S28 news is that the bestest bestest ever manager in the history of BR and all other gaming got beaten for the first time in the NZI by some wannabe who harks on about being a winner of a competition he rigged back when Ken Ham's ancestors were riding bareback on an Allosaurus and bringing back the glory days just like when Silvio Berlusconi holds an anniversary Bunga Bunga party to remind him of the good times. Very Happy

And to hold to the sub-theme, check out a guy called "bearing" on youtube. Not bad for an Aussie you'll find.

razorbladeYfronts
Impressive

Back to top Go down

Post by robelix Fri May 27, 2016 2:03 pm

are you talking about me? are you saying that you are the bestest of the best but then got smoked by me in the NZI, and that i rigged the BRIC?

...well to be fair i guess it is true that i rigged the BRIC in it's first season so i would win it....

anyway, we welcome all types here....with the exception of ptt, hanoi, escath, kingbling, buccaz, slarty, the_killerz....and chewy of course (there are probably a whole heap of managers i have missed out in that list...chewy, remind me of the others who we dont accept their kind round here)
robelix
robelix
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by chewy Fri May 27, 2016 3:02 pm

razorbladeYfronts wrote:Do you want to know the reason why I ended up with the big dirty "farm" team? I was playing happily in my home community, doing well in the league, beating the majority, including the big boys. I went onto the offsite, kissing the king's arses as you must, until one of the pseudo-elites took me down in a cup game and was boasting about putting a minnow in it's place, trying to get in with the cool circle. I called him a "charlatán", which has a similar meaning to the english "charlatan" but does punch a bit harder, I just wanted to get some juices flowing. He starts crying and the rest of the big boys back him up and give me the cold shoulder on the offsite. I got some special treatment in the league the next season too. One bigger baby was there that I put on his arse several times and in several ways but in the end it just wasn't worth staying there. I had to leave my home community because of BR babies and a master baby. Just think, if it wasn't for that I might have only won a couple of majors instead of the gazillions I have now Razz . But I suppose I would have "earned" them .... Cool lol!

Actually, that was just one of the tipping points. I got cold-shouldered for not contributing to the translation even though they had a full team on it and never spoke to me. I didn't have the time to volunteer in RL but one in particular took the hump. A perpetually offended gobshite with Napoleon syndrome.

I tried to put this with some backing music from 50cent. It worked ok.
chewy
chewy
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by tryasta Fri May 27, 2016 11:54 pm

I was listening to this while enjoying the banter
tryasta
tryasta
Superior

Back to top Go down

Post by razorbladeYfronts Sat May 28, 2016 12:21 am

robelix wrote:are you talking about me? are you saying that you are the bestest of the best but then got smoked by me in the NZI, and that i rigged the BRIC?

...well to be fair i guess it is true that i rigged the BRIC in it's first season so i would win it....

anyway, we welcome all types here....with the exception of ptt, hanoi, escath, kingbling, buccaz, slarty, the_killerz....and chewy of course (there are probably a whole heap of managers i have missed out in that list...chewy, remind me of the others who we dont accept their kind round here)

Yeah, but I'm far more poetic! Smile

Ok, maybe I'm not the bestest of the best at the moment what with my rage quit confusion syndrome but lets just say the record books will look favourably on me. Razz

Your list just shows how decadent BR has become, a sanitized, post-modern sleeping carcass providing a feeding ground for simple organisms.

Where have all the good men gone?

razorbladeYfronts
Impressive

Back to top Go down

Post by razorbladeYfronts Sat May 28, 2016 12:27 am

chewy wrote:
razorbladeYfronts wrote:Do you want to know the reason why I ended up with the big dirty "farm" team? I was playing happily in my home community, doing well in the league, beating the majority, including the big boys. I went onto the offsite, kissing the king's arses as you must, until one of the pseudo-elites took me down in a cup game and was boasting about putting a minnow in it's place, trying to get in with the cool circle. I called him a "charlatán", which has a similar meaning to the english "charlatan" but does punch a bit harder, I just wanted to get some juices flowing. He starts crying and the rest of the big boys back him up and give me the cold shoulder on the offsite. I got some special treatment in the league the next season too. One bigger baby was there that I put on his arse several times and in several ways but in the end it just wasn't worth staying there. I had to leave my home community because of BR babies and a master baby. Just think, if it wasn't for that I might have only won a couple of majors instead of the gazillions I have now Razz . But I suppose I would have "earned" them .... Cool lol!

I tried to put this with some backing music from 50cent. It worked ok.
I forgot to add that he shot me in the ass!

50cent gets his backing music from a 1980's Casio organ. I prefer the polka versions.

razorbladeYfronts
Impressive

Back to top Go down

Post by donkeysaint Sat May 28, 2016 9:53 am

razorbladeYfronts wrote:[...] like when Silvio Berlusconi holds an anniversary Bunga Bunga party to remind him of the good times. Very Happy [...]
Man, these last two pages gave me a few good laughs, but that particular line wins the LOL trophy!!  Razz
donkeysaint
donkeysaint
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next