NZ Blackout Rugby Offsite Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» What's Going On Here?
by SmellyStuff Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:21 am

» Season 37 General Discussion
by robelix Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:47 pm

» Season 36 General Discussion
by chewy Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:35 pm

» Super Rugby 2018: Or Why It's Going To Be The Year Of The Highlanders Bitches
by tryasta Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:06 pm

» Season 35 General Discussion
by Bren Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:19 am

» Season 34 General Discussion
by donkeysaint Wed May 16, 2018 5:49 am

» Best All Black Team Since 1995 (the professional era)
by Bren Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:05 pm

» NT Player List
by simon71 Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:14 pm

» BR Ranfurly Shield
by ivelostmysparky Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:33 pm

Statistics
We have 108 registered users
The newest registered user is Bedswerver

Our users have posted a total of 8125 messages in 147 subjects

Season 28 Discussion

+14
Elsteveo
chewy
Bren
trippa
tryasta
Pantherus
Kruizey
batty001
PTT
SmellyStuff
robelix
Brentton
razorbladeYfronts
donkeysaint
18 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Season 28 Discussion  - Page 11 Empty Re: Season 28 Discussion

Post by ivelostmysparky Sat May 28, 2016 10:30 am

So did he go to jail for having sex with underage hookers? Or did he "only" watch them dance at said Bunga Bunga parties?
ivelostmysparky
ivelostmysparky
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by tryasta Sun May 29, 2016 5:08 am

Well, closer to rugby we have some bunga bunga part... I mean, family matters.
tryasta
tryasta
Superior

Back to top Go down

Post by razorbladeYfronts Mon May 30, 2016 4:28 am

FFS, lose both my props in the first quarter which changes the game for the mauls/penalties. No injuries and I win that game by 15+ points. It's one thing to be good, another to be poxy on top of it. You can beat the manager but not the ME. Why am I the only one who needs a freakin bench in this game?

Rage quit syndrome cranking up a level to red bolloxing alert! Evil or Very Mad

razorbladeYfronts
Impressive

Back to top Go down

Post by ivelostmysparky Mon May 30, 2016 5:06 am

I thought you would have been more annoyed at your 500k CSR flyhalf with admirable experience who kicked it away with just a minute to go. Just needed to hang onto the ball and you would've won. Considering you only got turned over 3 times and was only penalised 7 times in the previous 79 minutes, it would seem unlikely that you would have lost the ball in 1 minute.
ivelostmysparky
ivelostmysparky
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by razorbladeYfronts Mon May 30, 2016 5:29 am

Nah, the tie was over by then. I needed to win by 10+ points. I was in complete control of the match until the stamina and lower skills of the props kicked in, in what was decided to be a defensive forwards battle in the main. Even if they'd come on 20 minutes later I would have won by my margin.

IT depends on field position to win his matches. I took that away but the injuries eventually gave it back. People don't read matches at all and this will only go down as another great tactical victory when in fact he got it very wrong. Very irritating. I'm just pissed off because it's the first real match outside the Japan scene where I actually prepared and then the ME had to screw up the time I put into it.

razorbladeYfronts
Impressive

Back to top Go down

Post by ivelostmysparky Mon May 30, 2016 7:00 am

Oh I presumed it was a best of 3. People will be furiously jerking themselves over IT for sure because it does look like a great result at first glance. I'll have to take your word that without injuries you would have got the margin you needed because I'm not going to watch the game to see whether I agree or not.
ivelostmysparky
ivelostmysparky
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by razorbladeYfronts Mon May 30, 2016 7:35 am

Yeah, don't get me wrong, he's a fine manager. But he's no miracle worker. Ouzo will be creaming himself all over again for sure. The first match I set it up so he would attack the wings, I baited him and he took it, with the defense set up to annul wide attacks. Then the scores came from expansive plays. It blew my mind. This game I set up to win through penalties and field position; mauling was a big part of it, and from mauls, penalties. This was even working with the replacement props but they just weren't good enough to hold it up. The original props wouldn't have melted.

It's my fault I lost the tie though, injuries or not I just didn't put any work into the first game. I haven't even scouted my own team since S25. It's too arrogant and probably deserved to get punished. I'm like an obese Komodo dragon, no natural predators but no sense of basic survival. The thing is I'm not allowed to put time into scouting until I sort a couple of things out in RL, it's a little rule I made for myself a while back when I was spending an unhealthy amount of time on the game. Supposed to motivate me. lol!

razorbladeYfronts
Impressive

Back to top Go down

Post by robelix Mon May 30, 2016 9:24 am

its a shame that Jonesy is finishing with this comp....but i dont blame him. It was the same problem with the BRIC...you put all this admin time into a comp but not much comments etc (with a few exceptions) and you spend so much time running around after the non-acceptors of fixtures....

BR does need a super comp that pits the top clubs globally...i would be tempted to revive the BRIC but just dont have the time anymore...

robelix
robelix
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by razorbladeYfronts Mon May 30, 2016 9:48 am

robelix wrote:its a shame that Jonesy is finishing with this comp....but i dont blame him. It was the same problem with the BRIC...you put all this admin time into a comp but not much comments etc (with a few exceptions) and you spend so much time running around after the non-acceptors of fixtures....

BR does need a super comp that pits the top clubs globally...i would be tempted to revive the BRIC but just dont have the time anymore...

It has to be run in-house Rob. Top management in BR don't seem to obviously "get" the energy needed to keep these things going for more than 1 season. The initial energy disappears when you get so little feedback. Without 3rd party comps BR goes under, end of. But the major ones should be run in-house for stability. Working voluntarily in BR sucks the energy out of you. You should have seen some of the BS that I got back when trying to get Smackdown running smoothly. Not mentioning names but even some staff members gave me the finger. Other members told me in less than pleasant terms and colourful glossary where to go. I set up 4 comps in Japan and got 1 thank-you. The attitude's are all wrong on BR, the feedback mechanisms need a lot of tunings and incentives. Of course the sad part is that if you say anything you'll get the dickheads telling you that you did it voluntarily and shouldn't expect anything back, they don't owe you. But then what you get is the decent managers saying thank you when it's all over and you've quit.

I think:

1) Bring certain 3rd party comps in-house
2) Create a voted position in each community of comp liaison to make sure things run smoothly, taking the weight off the organizers
3) Some loyalty schemes/benefits for communicative users
4) Make it part of a journalist's responsibility to report on community participant's progress in certain comps.

This is all part of greater community work that needs to get BR functioning as a cohesive experience. Imagine if Jonesy stops altogether, that's the only link many steady players with several affiliates have with the greater BR world.

razorbladeYfronts
Impressive

Back to top Go down

Post by Bren Mon May 30, 2016 10:39 am

Anyone want to throw my Dutch affiliate a Monday friendly?

Link: http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.lobby.php#page=summary&id=81239

Edit: thanks razorbladeYfronts!
Bren
Bren
Grand

Super Rugby Team : Highlanders

Back to top Go down

Post by Bren Mon May 30, 2016 11:09 am

There's some tools that could be handy for 3rd party comp organisers that'll make life easier. An importer for fixture creation for one.

One big one for me would be to instigate an (optional for organisers) sign-up feature where managers agree that all fixtures created for them will be auto-accepted.
Bren
Bren
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by Pantherus Mon May 30, 2016 2:33 pm

There's been a lot of discussion for a while now on how to improve these 3rd Party Comps and the tools mentioned above are very much on the radar.

How would you forsee a fixture importer working? Especially when you consider things like validating input?
Pantherus
Pantherus
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by Bren Mon May 30, 2016 3:09 pm

I just imagined the importer as the ability to upload an CSV file that the manager made themselves.

Something like

Season,Round,Day,HomeID,AwayID,Final,Intensity

Which could be generated easily by a spreadsheet. Season has to be a number, Round has to be a number between 1 and 16. Day has to be either Monday or Thursday. Final has to be TRUE or FALSE. Intensity a 1, 2, or 3.

I'll be honest that cairnswm actually made this potential tool a bit redundant with his tool on his web site, so I'd rank it a low value. I'm also ignoring Anytime friendlies.
Bren
Bren
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by razorbladeYfronts Tue May 31, 2016 2:36 pm

Jeezuzz, who was in charge of loading the fixtures for the NZI? 17 attempts! Hahahahahahahahaha lol!

razorbladeYfronts
Impressive

Back to top Go down

Post by Pantherus Tue May 31, 2016 2:52 pm

Lol - yeah, sorry 'about that.
Pantherus
Pantherus
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by Bren Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:39 am

This idea of a friendly competition has been percolating in my head for a little while and I've decided to go with it.

It's the Pizza Shield, it'll be run at the Tuesday 1935 slot with Anytime friendlies (that way, can you still compete in the NZI). I invite all premium NZ managers to join up, the bigger the numbers -- the better the comp.
Bren
Bren
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by razorbladeYfronts Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:39 am

For Tryasta and Sparky: guys, myself and IT get on. We were poking each other through BR mail all week. He is very mischievous though and knew what he was doing. It was just unfortunate that Darius came up and he used it to flag me down, it was simply irresistable. Tryasta, your comments were the first time in a long time, if ever, that there had been a synopsis of a game from an uninvolved outsider and was great, and great fun. I think you could have given me time to get into the conversation though, at no time was I referring to you or any comment you made however it may have looked. We're still generations away from being able to interpret others on the internet.
Sparky, I think I forgot a smiley at the end, but then the thread got closed. Being in different timezones doesn't help the flow but it only takes one misinterpretation to change winds and I can see where it came from, but it wouldn't make sense for me to take a shot at Tryasta anyway. The clubrooms have become so sterile that the parameters have become porridge, so any time someone comes with a bit of salsa it tastes funny. A consent-only lounge is sorely needed.

razorbladeYfronts
Impressive

Back to top Go down

Post by simon71 Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:01 pm

My halfback recently made it to 200k csr having never received any individual training sessions, anyone else managed that?
simon71
simon71
Impressive

Super Rugby Team : Crusaders

Back to top Go down

Post by Bren Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:27 pm

My closest is a guy who I pulled out of the youth academy at age 19 with a CSR of 70k. He's 27 now and at 178k, should hit 200k by 30. Amazing how guys with regular game time and team training can grow.
Bren
Bren
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by simon71 Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:06 pm

Yea my guys just over 31. I'd say it'll become more frequent once the players who had skills pop to 14 in the Academy get older
simon71
simon71
Impressive

Super Rugby Team : Crusaders

Back to top Go down

Post by Brentton Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:43 pm

Even with injuries to my two best backs have gone after the win tonight. Stars looking even, can I make my first ever cup final...

Brentton
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by Bren Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:09 pm

I think you can do it, I don't think SlyStallone has a true grip on how to use his players properly yet. (DID I JUST GIVE YOU THE KISS OF DEATH? ASK ELSTEVEO WHAT THAT'S LIKE)

Funny though, the only time you've met was two seasons ago when you kicked him out of the cup in Round 3 106-0. This is just like the plot of Mighty Ducks 2! I guess that makes Brentton the evil Icelandic team...
Bren
Bren
Grand

Back to top Go down

Post by robelix Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:30 pm

Good luck brentton!
robelix
robelix
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by Brentton Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:32 pm

Sent him packing after another back getting injured in just the 2nd minute. How much do I get for 2nd place?

Brentton
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by robelix Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:27 pm

Its not the prize money to get excited about...but the gate takings! Smile
robelix
robelix
Sumptuous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content